Is Spc. Charles W. Jones. HORAY! His unit (I don't know if this is the proper terminology, but I am trying) is called "Hellhounds" and Charlie is their Champion of Pugal Stick Competition. He made deadly contact with the other three Platoon Champs to win it all. You will have to ask him for more details...all I know is I am proud and he seems proud of this too!
I got a (very long) letter from him last night and he seems to be enjoying BCT. That sounds funny to say, and of course there are parts that aren't fun (at all) but all in all he is learning a lot and enjoying the training. He has an advantage in that he has always taken care of himself physically and came in more fit than most people there. He does have to hike with 50lbs of "battle rattle" strapped to his back (and carry his weapon; an M-16) so I am sure he will be lean and mean by the time he has completed.
As usual, I hope this finds everyone well! Take care and hopefully we will see some familiar faces before the New Year while we are home in Pcola!!
CC&J
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Carmen! This is Cara, Charlie's cousin in Tennessee. I got the blog site from Kelley! It's good to hear that you all (and especially Charlie!) are doing well! I love blogs and will definitely be keeping up with the family!
Great job Charlie! Please send him our regards and best wishes! I think Ben is going to write him a letter! After the new year, so tell him to be looking for it! We will be thinking or all of you and keep up with his progress! It is great you started a blog!
Check this website out. It is for Kids with Deployed parents, I think it might help Jackson! Charlie can record his voice on it! http://www.hugahero.com/
Post a Comment