Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Charlie survived the gas chamber....

...thank the Lord! The last letter I recv'd from him he was to be sent there the following day. I did not hear anything from him until Sunday a.m. and only had 3 minutes to chat. Needless to say, my nerves are shot! Although, logically I know if anything "bad" were to happen I would be contacted...it makes for long, sleepless nights of worry anyway! I can't EVEN imagine what hell it is when family/friends are deployed!

His letters are wonderful to recieve and I just hang on to every word. It has been a really neat experience to actually have to communicate this way....now I know what it was really like in the "Stone Age" (well, at least prior to email and texting)! But it really is the simple things in life that amount to priceless memories! Charlie's mom and I have talked quite often (which I LOVE) since his departure, and shared his letters with each other....they make for wonderful conversation!


I cannot stress how much he loves to hear from family and friends, so if you have a spare minute (yeah right) right him a quick note. (His address is posted below) All the encouragement these guys can get, the better they feel!

He will be home in about 2.5 days! I know the two weeks are going to fly by, but at least he will get that time with jackson and his family! Thanks to all for your love and support, and for following the blog. He has asked me in his letters if I really made one, so I am sure he will want to log on and see what I've done....

Hope this finds you all happy and well. I will try to squeeze in at least one more post before Christams, but just in case....Merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for a safe and happy new year! God Bless!


CC&J

1 comment:

Brandy said...

That's great that he did well with the as chamber. Ben has done serveral and gets a good laugh out of it. They usually give them some sort of 'easy' questionaire to fill out while in there. The start to answer them with 'drugged' up thought and make for a good laugh. Don't worry Carmen, you are strong and those sleepless nights with soon fade and will only be in the distant future. Reading your blog does bring back some memories and makes me sad.
Ben really is going to write him. Hope you guys enojy the holidays together!