Friday, December 5, 2008

"Christmas is a-coming..."

and Charlie gets a break from basic!! hooray! He will be flying into Tampa Dec. 18th (late evening) and does not have to report back until Jan 2nd. Jackson CAN NOT wait! He asks me everyday how much longer until he sees his daddy...to the point where I had to finally get him a calendar to mark off the days. He is too much!! I have only talked to Charlie a couple times, but I did get to talk for about 20 minutes on Thanksgiving which was a blessing. His spirits seem to be good but he cannot wait to see everyone. He has been a little homesick, I think, although he may not admit that!

We are planning a trip home to Pensacola at some point during his break, but we are not sure yet of the dates. I will keep everyone posted and do better about updating everyone on the blog. As you all know the holidays are very busy!!

Hoipe this finds you all well. His address is listed below if anyone wants to write him a letter. Mail is exciting to him now!! Put a giant number 4 on the back of your letter and envelope. It will help to speed up the processing and he might get it quicker that way.

Spc. Charles Jones
B Company 3-34 IN
4 Platoon
Fort Jackson, S.C. 29207

-CC&J

No comments: